The Adult Studies Center (ASC) at Centenary University School of Professional Studies (SPS) is committed to enriching the adult education experience by providing an academic support system designed to address the individual needs of its students.
The ASC staff is dedicated to recognizing the uniqueness of each adult learner, maximizing each student’s potential in his professional pursuits, and cultivating collaboration in the school community.
The aim of the ASC is to facilitate a learning environment that allows students to increase their knowledge in the content areas, foster critical thinking, and strengthen written communication skills.
Need help? Fill out our Academic Tutoring/ Coaching Request Form.
Adult Studies Center
A professional organization…
- Committed to the Centenary University values of Community and Quality
- Dedicated to assisting students in the School for Professional Studies
The ASC offers tutoring at NO COST for all SPS students. Students are eligible for tutoring services after the start of a course and may request assistance by completing the online Academic Tutoring and Help Request Form. The ASC will attempt to have a tutor contact a student within two business days of the initial email request, pending tutor availability.
Tutoring is available in the following subjects:
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Flexible schedules
- Face to face or online
To benefit the learning experience of the student, tutoring sessions are generally limited to one or two students. Exceptions to this guideline may be granted with the approval of the ASC Coordinator.
Helpful Hints for a Productive Tutoring Session
- Arrive on time.
- Bring instructor’s guidelines, class notes, and textbook pertaining to the subject matter that you are studying.
- Prior to your session, note any specific concerns or questions you may have.
- Bring your list of questions to your session so you can discuss them with your tutor.
Attendance and Cancellation Policy:
Students should notify tutors 24 hours in advance to cancel a scheduled tutoring session.
Students that do not report for two consecutive, scheduled tutoring sessions without cancellation notice will be ineligible to receive tutoring services for the remainder of the term.