Procedures for accessing inaccessible offices/personnel
- If a student/staff/faculty member is in need of assistance from the Human Resources department and cannot access the office, he/she should call the person with whom they need to meet to make alternate arrangements.
- Human Resources representatives will meet the person in the Front Parlors or arrange for a private meeting in an available and accessible conference room in the Seay building.
Accounts Payable, Accounting, Purchasing, Budget Manager, and/or the Controller
- If a student/staff/faculty member is in need of assistance from Accounts Payable, Accounting, Purchasing, Budget Manager, and/or the Controller and cannot access the office, he/she should call the person with whom they need to meet to make alternate arrangements.
- That person will meet the person in the Front Parlors or arrange for a private meeting in an available and accessible conference room in the Seay building.
Veteran’s Resource Center
- If a student veteran is unable to access the Veteran’s Resource Center, he/she should speak with Director of Veteran’s Services (908.852.1400 ext. 2318).
a) The Director’s office is located in the Academic Success and Advising Center in the Harris Betts Smith Learning Center (Library Annex).
- The Director will ensure that any events that would normally be held at the Resource Center are moved to an accessible space.
Assistant Dean for Campus Safety Office
- If a student/staff/faculty member is in need of assistance from the Assistant Dean of Security and cannot physically get to the office, the person should call 908.852.1400 ext. 2076 or ext. 0 and set up a meeting at an alternate location.
a) The Dean will either meet the student/staff/faculty member at a location of their choosing or in the Student Life conference room.
- Security officers in general, can be reached by calling ext. 0 and will travel to the person with the concern or meet that person at the security office that is located outside of Reeves Hall.
Faculty Offices in Brotherton
- If a student/staff/faculty member would like to meet with a faculty member, whose office is inaccessible, the person should contact that faculty member via email or phone in order to make alternate arrangements for a meeting location.
- The faculty member will then arrange for a meeting in a classroom or conference room that is accessible. Depending on the faculty member and their schedule this location may be in any building on campus.
a) If a private location is needed the student/staff/faculty member with the disability should inform the faculty member of this so that the faculty member can ensure a quiet location free from the public.
- If a student would like to meet with a counselor and cannot maneuver a full flights of stairs, he/she should contact the front desk, 908.852.1400 ext. 2125 to make an appointment and advice of your needs.
- The meeting will then be scheduled for the student in the conference room on the first floor of the Health and Wellness Center.
Procedure for ensuring accessible classrooms
- The student, faculty or staff member should submit a request for a classroom accommodation in writing to the Disability Services Office (DSO).
a) With the request, the person requesting accommodation will also need to provide documentation describing his/her disability and the need for accommodation.
- The DSO will respond to the person requesting accommodation, via email, to let them know the status of their request (approved, pending further documentation, etc.).
- Once the request is approved the DSO will create a file for that person and add his/her name to the list of classroom accommodations that have been approved.
- This list will then be sent to the Registrar, who will schedule classrooms accordingly.
- Should an incident occur mid-semester, the same process will be followed and the classroom will be moved by the Registrar’s office.