With a master’s degree in Special Education, you will be ready to pursue a rewarding career helping exceptional learners reach their full potential.
Centenary University’s Master of Arts (MA) in Special Education program will provide you with comprehensive training on how to create a learning environment in which all students can excel. We offer two program options, depending on your current qualifications:
- A 39-credit program for students working toward a master’s degree and a Teacher of Students with Disabilities certification.
- A 36-credit program for students who enter the program with their Teacher of Students with Disabilities certification and are only working toward their master’s degree.
Our Special Education program is offered as part of Centenary’s commitment to producing “broadly educated” graduates who want to make a difference in their community and in their profession. The curriculum includes courses on the assessment of children with special needs as well as the social and communication challenges they face.
Centenary’s Master of Arts (MA) in Special Education program will:
- Provide you with up-to-the minute training at a time when major changes are happening in the field of special education.
- Prepare you to act as a role model and innovator in the field.
- Allow you to understand and embrace diversity.
- Offer you a broad-based program of study to understand the needs of diverse learners from multiple perspectives.
Teachers with the skills to help students with special educational needs will always be in high demand. Apply now.