The mission of the Centenary University Honors Program is to inspire, motivate, and encourage academic excellence for students who demonstrate a high level of initiative, creativity, leadership, ingenuity and empathy. This program takes a holistic view of what is necessary for student success and creates opportunities via enhanced learning activities to position students for success as lifelong learners and leaders.
- Challenge exceptional students intellectually with an interdisciplinary, in-depth honors curriculum.
- Provide experiential, intercultural, and discovery learning opportunities beyond the classroom.
- Support the development of social and civic knowledge, responsibility and engagement in both the university and the community-at-large.
- Provide students with opportunities to develop and utilize leadership skills.
- Encourage critical scholarly inquiry with faculty guidance and mentorship.
- Complete and maintain the Centenary University Honors Program requirements.
- Complete internship, co-op, or study abroad.
- Demonstrate active involvement and a commitment to public action in diverse communities.
- Demonstrate initiative in personal and team leadership of complex or multiple activities.
- Complete a capstone project requiring disciplinary-related scholarly inquiry in conjunction with a faculty member.
Features of the Program:
|Discovery Learning||Development of Independent Thought|
|Community Building||Fostering Intellectual Risk Taking|
|Transformative||Development of Ethical Framework|
|Flexibility in Learning||Fostering Scholarly Inquiry|