Centenary student, Justin Dalcourt, turned his hobby into a business with the launch of Dalcourt's Desserts. Dalcourt has developed and currently sells 27 different flavors of pudding, as well as pudolis, which is the pudding version of a cannoli. He now caters for special events and his products are sold at various delis and restaurants. He has sold to several hundred clients and works with 75 regular clients on a monthly basis.
Our Business Administration major is designed for students who want to explore all aspects of running an efficient and successful business.
Our program will provide you with a strong background in general business principles. It also emphasizes the “softer” skills needed to thrive in today’s business world, as elements of international business, cultural diversity and ethics are highlighted throughout the curriculum.
Business Administration students have the opportunity to choose one or more concentrations from in-demand career fields, including:
- Finance. Aimed at students who desire a career in corporate finance, investments or banking, this concentration will help you acquire critical skills in budgeting as well as financial, loan and business analysis.
- Management. This concentration is designed for students who want to become business generalists, able to pursue careers in a wide range of professional positions.
- Marketing. Through exposure to the theory and application of effective, modern marketing techniques, this concentration will teach you the strategies and techniques that companies need to grow and prosper.
- Social Media Marketing (NEW!). This concentration will help you stay at the forefront of the massive shift in marketing away from traditional media toward more targeted campaigns via Facebook, Google and other interactive media.
- Sports Management. A popular concentration among professional sports fans, this program will provide you with management and marketing skills directly tied to the sports industry.
A Business Administration minor for non-business majors is also available in the Management, Marketing and Social Media Marketing concentrations.
The Enactus Team from Centenary University proved that they are a force to be reckoned with when it finished in the top 16 of the 469 Colleges that competed in the National Competition in St. Louis, Missouri recently. This win gives the team the bragging rights of finishing in the top 3% of the teams in the nation. The team was the only New Jersey Enactus Chapter to advance to the semi-finals.