Associate Professor of Education
Phone: ext. 2150
- AA in Early Childhood Education, Centenary College, 1978
- BS in Education, Centenary College, 1979
- MA in Counseling, Major is Student Personnel Service, Montclair State University, 1994; New Jersey Licensed Professional Counselor
- EdD in Teacher Leadership, Walden University, 2009
- New Jersey Certificates:
- Elementary Teacher (K-8);
- Nursery School Endorsement;
- Teacher of English (K-12);
- Teacher of Psychology;
- Teacher of the Handicapped;
Dr. Marianne Pratschler is a Centenary alum with an A.A. in Early Childhood Education and a B. S. in Elementary Education. She holds certifications as Elementary Teacher (K-8) with Nursery School Endorsement, Teacher of English (K-12), Teacher of Psychology, Teacher of the Handicapped, and Supervisor. Professor Pratschler has many years of experience in classrooms across the K-12 spectrum. She received an M. A. in Counseling with a concentration in Student Personnel Services in Higher Education, from Montclair State University and is a Licensed Professional Counselor.
Dr. Pratschler has earned an Ed.D. in Teacher Leadership from Walden University. Her research interests are in expanding the team approach to teacher training and improving the experiences of preservice teachers, inservice teachers, and fieldwork supervisors in Centenary’s programs. Dr. Pratschler has taught most of the courses in the education curriculum, as well as psychology and sociology courses that support the teacher preparation programs. Each semester she teachers the Practicum and Student Teaching Seminars and supervises preservice teachers in their field placements.