Associate Professor of Psychology
Phone: ext. 2115
- Ph.D., Capella University, 2006
- M.A., Fairleigh Dickinson University, 1989
- B.A., Centenary College, 1987
I began my educational career at Centenary in the Psychology Department. The minute I started at Centenary, I knew I was home. Dr. Charles Frederickson , Professor Emeritus, served as my mentor when I was an Undergraduate, and continues to this day. After graduation from Centenary I earned a Masters in Clinical Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University and began a career at Devereux Deerhaven, in Chester, NJ. There I was a clinician for developmentally delayed, emotionally disturbed adolescent girls. The placement was a 24/7 residential facility, and I conducted groups on Social Skills building, Grief and Abandonment, and Surviving Sexual Abuse and Molestation. While at Devereux, I was an adjunct professor at Centenary and Fairleigh Dickinson. When Devereux Deerhaven closed, I was able to become a full-time professor here at Centenary.
I am a member of Psi Chi Honor Society, Alpha Chi Honor Society, and was a founder of the Psychology Club at Centenary. I was an advisor of Psi Chi and am currently the advisor to the Psychology Club. I have mentored a research group who presented a poster at Tri-Collegiate Symposium, and have included numerous students in my presentations at Teaching of Psychology. I serve on the Board of Community Prevention in Washington, NJ. In January of 2014 I will be a volunteer with the New Jersey Guardianship Monitoring Program.
In 2012, Mr. Phil Chalmers, an expert on teenagers who become homicidal, visited the AFC class I was teaching and made a presentation to the campus community.
- 2013: The Scary Psychology of Stephen King, Teaching of Psychology, Farmingdale College
- 2012: End of Life Issues: Making Dying Relevant to Millennial Learners, Teaching of Psychology
- 2011: Curriculum for the Millennial Generation Learner, ACToP (First Bi-annual), Monmouth College
- 2011: Teaching the Millennial Generation: A Unique Social Experiment (with Amy D’Olivo) ACToP, Monmouth College
- 2011: Critical Thinking for First Year Students, Teaching of Psychology, Farmingdale College
- 2010: Making Internships Count in Undergraduate Programs, Teaching of Psychology, Farmingdale College