Did you know?
- Centenary awarded over $18 million in scholarships and grants last year.
- 93% of our incoming Fall 2018 transfer students received Centenary grants and/or scholarships.
Transfer Admission Scholarships and Awards
Your admission counselor will determine the amount of your admission award during the admission process using your cumulative college GPA. These scholarships and awards are renewable as long as you maintain continuous full time enrollment and meet the minimum standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Below are the academic awards available to our incoming Spring 2019, Fall 2019, and Spring 2020 admitted transfer students.
|Award||Cumulative College GPA||Annual Amount||Semester Amount|
|Faculty Scholarship||3.75 or above||$14,000||$7,000|
|Whitney Scholarship||3.50 – 3.74||$13,000||$6,500|
|Trustee Scholarship||3.00 – 3.49||$11,500||$5,750|
|Achievement Award||2.75 – 2.99||$10,000||$5,000|
|Merit Award||2.5 – 2.74||$7,000||$3,500|
Additional Scholarships, Grants, and Loans
Once you have been admitted, the Financial Aid Office will award any federal, state, and Centenary grants based on your FAFSA. You should complete your FAFSA when you are applying for admission. If you have already completed your FAFSA, you can add Centenary’s school code of 002599 by making correction online at http://fafsa.gov/.
For more information about applying for aid, check out our Applying for Aid page.
For more information about these and other types of financial aid, visit our Types of Aid page.
Specialty Admission Opportunities
- Centenary Educational Opportunity Program – Students must meet EOP criteria and the award may cover up to all remaining charges after other grants and scholarships have been applied.
- Centenary NJ STARS II Scholarship – Up to $2,500 may be matched to the NJ STARS II scholarship for eligible NJ STARS II students.
- Recognition Award – Up to $1,500 may be awarded to new traditional full-time transfer students who have earned an associate’s degree.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships – Up to $2,500 may be awarded to new traditional full-time transfer students who are active members of PTK.
- Veteran’s Benefits or Discounts: For more information on veteran’s benefits or discounts, visit our Veteran’s Services page.