Notification will be made via the E2Campus mass notification system and the bell tower siren. The lockdown will be initiated in the event that a dangerous and probably armed individual is on campus or when an emergency incident occurs which necessitates the need for a lockdown.
- Remain Calm.
- Lock and deadbolt your door.
- If you are not in a room at the time a lockdown is declared, enter the nearest room and lock and deadbolt the door.
- Do not respond to anyone who may knock at the door.
- Turn off the lights and pull down the shades.
- Dark rooms are harder to see into.
- Keep quiet.
- Stay off the phone.
- Instructions may come by phone.
- Put all cell phones on vibrate.
- Move to a safe area within the room.
- Keep out of sight.
- Stay away from doors and windows.
- Do not allow anyone to sit on the window sills.
- Permit no one to leave.
- Prepare a list of those present in the room at the time of the lockdown. Also list anyone else present who is not usually in the room during this period.
- Ignore all bells and signals.
- Notification at the conclusion of the lockdown will come via the mass notification system.
- Sounds outside
- Single campus alarm
- On top of SEAY
- Sounds inside of building
- Localized to individual buildings
- Multiple alarms (lights – instructions)