The purpose of our internship program is to bridge the gap between classroom theory and real world application. Students can engage in paid/unpaid internships or the recommended academic credit internship which allows substituting elective coursework for fieldwork.
Payment, number of credits and duration are determined by the employer and student. The average length is 1 semester (Jan-May, Sept-Dec, May-Aug). Academic internships require paperwork completed by the faculty adviser, host site, career development and student.
Common Fields of Study: Accounting, Business, Equine, Biology, Communications, Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts, Education, Criminal Justice are among the programs can engage in.
Employer Examples: Fortune 500 Companies, Firms, Museums, Radio/TV Stations, Non-Profit Centers, Libraries, Sports Teams, Schools (K-12 and Colleges), etc.
- I agree to complete/return the application, secure required signatures of approval prior to beginning the internship, and abide by department regulations.
- I agree to carry out the internship duties/responsibilities as indicated by my site supervisor.
- I understand that I must complete all required internship hours in accordance with the Internship Policy and am responsible for tracking my hours on a timesheet, which is to be signed by my supervisor at the completion of the internship.
- I understand if this internship is unpaid, I will not be receiving monetary compensation for the dates stated above, and am not guaranteed a position after the internship is completed.
Employer (Host) Responsibility:
- The internship, is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment.
- The intern does work under close supervision of existing staff.
- The host site that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern; and on occasion its operations may actually be impeded.