Funds from the Student Government Association will be dispersed to active Student Government Association recognized clubs. Club funding will be allocated from the Student Government Association’s yearly budget and each club will be given a set amount of funds for the entire year. Funding decisions shall be made in a majority vote by the Student Government Association Executive Board, and the decision may be overturned by the Student Government Association Advisor.
To be considered an active club, and qualify for funding, clubs must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Turn in a Club Registration Form, Club Code of Conduct, Advisor Agreement, and Club Manual Agreement
- Have representation at 100% of all Inter-Club Council Meetings
- Perform a minimum of two community service events per semester
- Host a minimum of two events open to all Centenary students per semester
- Conduct a minimum of one fundraising event per semester
- Submit a Program Proposal/Funding Request Form
Funding given to clubs must be used for programming for the entire campus community. Funds cannot be used for the club’s operational expenses, such as office supplies, equipment, dues, T-shirt, etc. If clubs wish to fund raise in order to obtain money for operational expenses, the Student Government Association can support the club in planning these types of programs. For guidelines on club fundraisers, please see Section 10 for the Fundraising Policy.
A club request for event funding must be printed and submitted to the Student Government Association a minimum of three (3) weeks or 15 business days prior to the event. After the vote, you will receive an email indicating the approval or denial of your request. Once your request is approved by the Student Government Association you will be contacted via email by the Centenary University Business Office to pick up funds.
Please keep in mind:
- Funds are to be used only for requested and approved purposes only
- Centenary University is tax exempt, so you must receive a TAX EXEMPT FORM from the Business Office. When going to retrieve the form, be prepared to tell the office what stores you will be shopping at and what you plan to purchase. YOU WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED FOR ANY TAX.
- If you are given money, you are expected to account for every penny by returning all receipts and/or change for the full amount given to you.
Failure to comply with any of the above guidelines outlined in this policy may result in the loss of future funding.