Living on Campus at Centenary University can be one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences for a college student. The Office of Residence Life works at engaging students outside the classroom and making the learning experience a more well rounded one. Our goals is to foster the students development and encourage them to become life-long learners. Our Residence Life staff will foster the personal, social and intellectual growth of the students so they can be responsible citizens in our residential community.
Several Advantages to Living on Campus:
- Students get the opportunity to live on their own, and learn to be accountable for themselves.
- You will interact with a diverse group of peers that will expand your worldview and strengthen your global understanding.
- Meet several classmates/peers and interact with them outside the classroom in a more relaxed environment.
- Convenient access to many resources (academic buildings, library, athletic facilities, dining hall) without needing to travel far.
- Technology in all rooms: free cable in your room, and wireless internet anywhere on campus.
- Live-in professional staff and student staff that are available to assist you 24/7
The Residence Halls are locked 24/7 all year. Upon moving into Campus each student will receive a photo ID card that will give them access to their individual bedroom. Some students will also receive a hard key that will let them into their assigned Residence Hall. There is a Campus Security officer on campus 24/7 that does rounds of the campus to ensure they remain locked at all times.
Where to Go for Help:
Unsure of who to speak to about a question you may have or a concern? No matter the question there are people available 24/7 and ready assist you. A Resident Assistant (RA) is located on each floor and has gone through extensive training to help students work through problems they may encounter. Complex Directors (CD) are also available in the Residence Halls.
The Office of Residence Life is located in the Seay Building, main floor next to Career Services and the SAC.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30PM (when the University is open)
Phone: 908-852-1400 x 3950