Centenary University offers a college setting like few others: A suburban campus surrounded by mountains that is only about an hour from New York City.
Our close-to-everything location opens up a world of activities for our students beyond our campus borders. From campus, you can:
- Walk to the shops and restaurants of downtown Hackettstown, N.J., a vibrant village that has been named among Money Magazine’s Top 100 “Best Places to Live.”
- Visit nearby lakes and rivers for fishing, canoeing and exploring.
- Take a day trip to the Jersey Shore, New York, Philadelphia or the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, where you can enjoy hiking through spectacular natural scenery.
- Take advantage of ski resorts in northern New Jersey and the Poconos area of Pennsylvania.
- Arrange visits and work experiences at the many top employers in northern New Jersey, including Hackettstown’s own Mars Chocolate, the makers of M&M’s.
We’ll Help You Get There
Centenary provides student shuttles to big-name retailers located in and around Hackettstown during fall orientation. We also sponsor trips to New York for both academics and recreation.
Hackettstown is served by New Jersey Transit buses and the New Jersey Transit train station is within walking distance from campus.
Contact Student Activities with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.