Please read the information below BEFORE scheduling your appointment.
YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:
- Your Centenary username and password! Please be sure that your new Centenary account is active and that you have enrolled in the password reset tool and set up your permanent password prior to your advising appointment. If you have trouble completing these steps, the Help Desk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at ext. 2000 to assist you!
- Check your email for updates and instructions! If selecting a remote session, we will be using Microsoft Teams for the meetings so please be sure to review the instructions prior to your appointment and to log in to all necessary programs 15 minutes prior to your appointment time so you are ready to go when your meeting begins.
- Make your deposit! You must have paid your deposit in order to schedule an Advising Day.
- An online math placement exam is required for the following majors: Science (all), Public Health, Education Math, Education Biology, Equine Science and Animal Health. Instructions will be sent to the email you provided on the Advising Registration Form. For further questions, please contact the Academic Success and Advising Center at email@example.com or 908-852-1400, ext. 2168.
- Submit a riding video prior to May 1, 2022, if you are an Equine major or a non-major wanting to take a riding class. Our staff cannot meet with you if a video has not been submitted and a riding placement issued by the Equine Department — no exceptions!
- Complete health requirements. Students are expected to complete all health requirements electronically on the student health portal (https://centenary.studenthealthportal.com) prior to their scheduled advising appointment. Please note that all students are automatically enrolled in the University Health Insurance Plan and are assessed a fee for the policy on their term bill (the coverage is for a one-year period). Students who are covered under private insurance may opt to decline this insurance coverage and waive this fee by completing the Insurance Waiver form by the designated deadline. Requests for insurance waiver must be received by the term due date. This is also the date the student’s bill is due. Missed deadlines will result in mandatory participation in the University’s Student Health Insurance Plan and may also be subject to late payment fees. At your advising appointment, health services staff will meet with you to confirm that all your health requirements have been met. Please have a copy of your health insurance card and official vaccination record during your advising appointment.
Please be in attendance 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time (either virtual or on campus). You will receive a confirmation email once you make the appointment. We will provide you with a specific advising time based on the date and time frame that you choose below. Be sure to check your email regularly (we will use the email you sign up with as our point of contact).
If you are an incoming first-year student that needs to sign up for an Advising session to register for the Fall 2022 semester, please send an email with your full name and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org