Incoming first-year students should plan to participate in an Advising Day to schedule their courses, meet with faculty and staff, complete necessary paperwork, and get prepared for their academic journey at Centenary.
*Please Note* – Students will be utilizing their own laptop or tablet to attend their virtual appointment and officially register for classes. Be sure your device is running properly and ready for use on the day of your appointment.
Please read the information below BEFORE scheduling your appointment.
YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:
- Your Centenary user name and password! Please be sure that your new Centenary account is active and that you have enrolled in the password reset tool and set up your permanent password prior to your advising appointment. You will need your Centenary login credentials in order to access your advising appointment. A step-by-step instruction cheat sheet can be accessed here. If you have trouble completing these steps, the Help Desk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at ext. 2000 to assist you!
- Check your Centenary email for updates and instructions! The invitation to your virtual advising appointment will be sent to your Centenary email account. We will be using Microsoft Teams for the meetings so please be sure to review the instructions prior to your appointment and to log in to all necessary programs 15 minutes prior to your appointment time so you are ready to go when your advisor calls you.
- An online math placement exam is required for the following majors: Science (all), Education Math, Education Biology, Equine Science and Animal Health. Instructions will be sent to the email you provided on the Advising Registration Form. Please contact Elizabeth Vega at 908-852-1400, ext. 2168 for further questions.
- Submit a riding video prior to April 15th, 2020 if you are an Equine major or a non-major wanting to take a riding class. Our staff cannot meet with you if a video has not been submitted and a riding placement issued by the Equine Department — no exceptions!
- Students are expected to complete all health requirements electronically on the student health portal prior to their scheduled advising appointment.
Please note that all students are automatically enrolled in the University Health Insurance Plan and are assessed a fee for the policy on their term bill (annual fee is $2,760). Students who are covered under private insurance may opt to decline this insurance coverage and waive this fee by completing the Insurance Waiver Form by the designated deadline. The waiver form deadline without incurring a late fee is August 11, 2020. After this date, there will be a fee charged to the student’s account. At your advising appointment, health services staff will meet with you to confirm that all your health requirements have been met. Please have a copy of your health insurance card and official vaccination record during your advising appointment.
Please be prepared 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. You will receive a confirmation email once you make the appointment. We will provide you with a specific advising day and time based on the availability you list on the form below. Be sure to check your email regularly for confirmation (we will use the email you sign up with as our point of contact). However, an invitation to your virtual advising appointment will be sent to your Centenary email account.
It’s also time to start thinking about move-in and what supplies you’ll need to feel right at home! Check out the flyer for an easy online ordering option for your refrigerator/freezer/microwave!