Whether you are interested in corporate counseling, school guidance, community support or private practice, Centenary University’s graduate programs in Counseling will prepare you for a rewarding career helping others better themselves.
Centenary offers three graduate degree programs in Counseling at our main campus in Hackettstown:
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Counseling
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Clinical Counseling
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in School Counseling
In each program, you will learn the practice of individual and group counseling, working with diverse populations. You will also have the flexibility to focus your studies in the field you hope to pursue as a career, while taking advantage of professional internship opportunities.
Each of our programs provides the convenience of completing your degree at your own pace, depending on how many classes you take per semester.
A Career with a Future
Job openings for mental health counselors are projected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Health insurance companies are increasingly providing for reimbursement of counselors as a less costly alternative to psychiatrists and psychologists.
Counselors are also needed for statewide programs that are being established to improve services for children and adolescents with serious emotional disturbances.
Are You Ready?
To apply for one of our master’s degree programs in Counseling, we require:
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology or an undergraduate degree in another discipline with the successful completion of a series of prerequisite undergraduate psychology courses.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- A personal statement.
- A minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0. (GRE scores and an interview may be required if your GPA is less than 3.0).
- A master’s degree (required for SAC certification only)
Are you the type of person who takes pride in helping others overcome life’s challenges? Our Counseling programs can turn your passion into a career. Apply now.
We want you to know that Centenary University is here to help you reach your educational goals at the Masters level. Therefore, we will be hosting a Clinical…
Please join Dr. Bruce Murphy, President of Centenary University, for the launch of our new Certified Financial Planner program on 3/18 @ 12PM. CFP…
We want you to know that Centenary University is here to help you reach your educational goals at the Masters level. Therefore, we will be hosting a Master…