As an educator, you know that learning never ends and we can help you take the next step in your education.
Centenary University offers a variety of graduate programs developed for educators of all ages and disciplines. Our degrees focus on leadership skills, special needs education and contemporary educational practices. We conveniently offer both online and traditional “in-person” courses to complete your degree.
More than 50 Years
Centenary has been training teachers and school leaders in Northwest New Jersey for more than 50 years. Our faculty members remain at the cutting-edge of developing new, innovative ways to train tomorrow’s teachers and to help veteran teachers find new ways to reach their students.
Our programs have received full-accreditation status from the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), a group dedicated to improving academic degree programs for professional educators.
Fitting Your Lifestyle
Courses can be taken on our campuses in Hackettstown and Parsippany or at 8 Professional Development School teaching sites across Northern New Jersey. Traditional graduate degree courses are offered at our main campus in Hackettstown. However, we know that classwork can be difficult to fit into the busy schedule of a teacher or school administrator. That’s why we have collaborated with local school districts to offer several programs on school their premises so that we are able to bring your education to you. As a result of these Professional Development Schools (PDS) agreements:
- Teachers have easy access to classes at convenient times.
- School districts have a higher number of teachers earning advanced degrees and increasing their knowledge base.
- Centenary is able to continue our mission of offering student-based learning experiences and maintaining our standing as a beacon of education in Northern New Jersey.
In order to get started towards advancing your career you will need
- A bachelor’s degree
- Official transcripts from all other colleges or universities previously attended
- A teaching certification (Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing or Standard)
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- A master’s degree (Ed.D and Supervisor Licensure only)
- GRE or MAT scores (Ed.D only)
- Specific graduate degrees and certifications may also require:
- An essay/personal statement, letters of recommendation, a resume- please consult your enrollment counselor for details
A graduate degree is almost always necessary to advance your career as a teacher or school administer. Apply now.
We want you to know that Centenary University is here to help you reach your educational goals. Therefore, we will be hosting an Education virtual meeting…
We want you to know that Centenary University is here to help you reach your educational goals. Therefore, we will be hosting an Educational Practice virtual…
We want you to know that Centenary University is here to help you reach your educational goals. Therefore, we will be hosting a School Counseling Virtual…