Jump to Programs

As an educator, you know that learning never ends and we can help you take the next step in your education.

Centenary University offers master’s degrees, and a doctorate degree, developed for educators who want to advance their careers. Our degrees focus on leadership skills, special needs education and contemporary educational practices. We conveniently offer both online and traditional, in-person courses to complete your degree. Choose from:

Fill out my online form.

More than 50 Years

Centenary has been training teachers and school leaders in Northwest New Jersey for more than 50 years. Our faculty members remain at the cutting-edge of developing new, innovative ways to train tomorrow’s teachers and to help veteran teachers find new ways to reach their students.

Our programs have received full-accreditation status from the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), a group dedicated to improving academic degree programs for professional educators.

Fitting Your Lifestyle

Courses can be taken on our campuses in Hackettstown or at 8 Professional Development School teaching sites across Northern New Jersey. Traditional graduate degree courses are offered at our main campus in Hackettstown. However, we know that classwork can be difficult to fit into the busy schedule of a teacher or school administrator. That’s why we have collaborated with local school districts to offer several programs on their premises so that we are able to bring your education to you. As a result of these Professional Development Schools (PDS) agreements:

  • Teachers have easy access to classes at convenient times.
  • School districts have a higher number of teachers earning advanced degrees and increasing their knowledge base.
  • Centenary is able to continue our mission of offering student-based learning experiences and maintaining our standing as a beacon of education in Northern New Jersey.

PDS Locations

Click here for the list of Fall 2024 PDS course locations.

Please consult with your enrollment counselor for details on the following requirements:

  • A bachelor’s degree
  • Official transcripts from all other colleges or universities previously attended
  • A teaching certification (Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing or Standard)
  • A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above
  • A master’s degree (Ed.D and Supervisor Licensure only)
  • Specific graduate degrees and certifications may also require:
    • An essay/personal statement, letters of recommendation, and a resume

A graduate degree is almost always necessary to advance your career as a teacher or school administrator.  Apply now.


Skip to content