Teacher Leader Endorsement
Centenary University is pleased to offer a teacher leader endorsement program. This 4-course (12-credit) program aligns with the Teacher Leader Model Standards. Each course includes clinical experiences embedded within the coursework. Candidates will work with a supervisor in their school who will review and support their clinical work. Upon successful completion of the program, candidates will need to pass a commissioner-approved performance assessment to earn certification.
Teachers Leaders may:
- Serve in leadership roles within their school, such as
- Instructional coach
- New-hire mentor
- Team leader
- Lead professional development
- Design and develop curriculum
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Plan community or family events
Students are required to successfully complete the following courses:
|GED 621||A Prologue to Contemporary Educational Practice||3 credits|
|GED 622||Collaborative Teaching Concepts||3 credits|
|GED 623||Assessment and Evaluation: Relevant Instructional Design Models||3 credits|
|GED 624||Teachers as Change Agents and Educational Researchers||3 credits|
Continue on to earn your Master of Education in Educational Practice degree with just 6 more courses!
Admission requirements include a completed application, bachelor’s degree, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, and the following:
- Minimum GPA: 3.0. If a candidate does not meet the GPA requirement, the candidate may be conditionally admitted to the program and must complete two courses in the program with a B or better for full acceptance.
- Standard Instructional Certificate: A copy of the candidate’s Certification or Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing is required.
- Teacher Evaluation Outcomes: If available, candidates will submit a recommendation letter from their principal indicating that they have earned at least two annual summative ratings of effective or highly effective during the 3 most recent years. If unavailable at the time of application, this requirement must be met by program completion.
- Years of successful teaching experience: Candidates need to complete 4 years of teaching by program completion.
Contact program director Dr. William Carpluk for more information: William.Carpluk@centenaryuniversity.edu