Some of our greatest leaders are not the people you see standing behind a podium giving speeches, rather they are the police officers, firefighters, soldiers, and public and private sector managers getting the work done and ensuring it is done right.
Centenary University’s Master of Arts (M.A.) in Leadership and Public Administration is designed to prepare students to advance into supervisory and management positions in any career field. We conveniently offer two options for this 30-credit program, depending on students’ schedules and learning styles:
Both programs focus on helping you understand and embrace quality leadership, including how to navigate the interactions between public offices and agencies. Through coursework and associated research, students will explore public sector management while mastering the skills necessary to be an exceptional leader—from employee evaluation and development to conflict resolution.
Check out the Leadership and Public Administration audit sheet for course listings.
A Fit for Your Career
Centenary’s Leadership and Public Administration students come from a variety of fields, including:
- Law enforcement, middle, and upper-level managers
- Fire service personnel
- Military personnel
- Municipal, county, state, and federal government managers
- Healthcare, hospitals, and counseling services
- Private-sector managers
- Non-profit managers
No GRE or GMAT
At Centenary, we are looking for students who are strong leaders and communicators—not test-takers. We don’t require GRE or GMAT scores for admission. To apply for our program, you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- An essay/personal statement
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5
Government Employee Benefits
Our program also provides special benefits for public sector employees including:
- 30% tuition discount for full-time federal, state, and local government employees, including retirees.
- Up to six graduate credits may be transferred into this program from appropriate educational programs. (For example, Certified Public Manager® (CPM) programs, FBI National Academy, and the Command and Leadership program).
If you are ready to lead, we are ready to show you how. Apply now!