Consult a librarian, search our catalogue, study our subject guides, and utilize library databases.
Taylor Memorial Library's staff is dedicated to helping the Centenary community excel in research and education. It offers an impressive collection of books, online databases, research volumes, industry journals and periodicals.
Most COVID restrictions have been eased, as of this writing.
- Feel free to come into the building – NO appointment needed!!!
- All areas of the library are once again open for use. All furniture is back in place. Feel free to bring in your food and beverages.
- Interlibrary Loan services are fully operational, including borrowing of physical items.
- Some services developed for COVID will be continued, including the option to use curbside (patio) pickup of materials and virtual research appointments with a librarian on Teams.
Library Instruction for your Courses
- Librarians offer library research class sessions, course-specific website guides, and videos.
- Email Sara Purifoy at email@example.com to schedule library instruction for your courses.
- Learn more about the Library Instruction Program at https://libguides.centenaryuniversity.edu/instruction
Taylor Memorial Library’s Instruction Program remains predominantly virtual this Fall 2021 semester. While librarians will try to accommodate in-person instruction for classes utilizing physical library materials, all other in-class bibliographic and information literacy instruction, workshops, and research appointments will take place remotely and be administered via Teams, Zoom, or pre-recorded presentations. In-person Library building tours available for classes at faculty request.
- Recorded videos on our YouTube channel:
- Non-Fiction Book Club for faculty and staff, with two more sessions scheduled this fall.
- Virtual Graphic Novel Book Club for students, starting in October.
- A 3-part virtual workshop series on Digital Wellness
- Check our calendar for dates and more info:
- Email Amy Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or requests related to digital content licensing (ebooks, streaming video) or open educational resources (OERs).
- If you have a copy of a course text that you’d like to make available for students, email Keith Orr at email@example.com to place it on Reserve at the library front desk.
- For anyone teaching hyflex courses, the library has some useful equipment to be aware of – Logitech ConferenceCam Connect, and Logitech webcams with stand.
- Laptops may also be borrowed for classroom or other use on a short-term basis.
Orientation Video for Faculty
- We put out a newsletter – Unshelved – 3 times a year, at the start of each semester.
- Sign up for our new TML Resource Memo – a monthly email update of new materials, featured content, events, updates to hours, etc.
Click on the Get Access box below for up-to-date information and access to the Library’s online resources.
Get inspired, learn a little, laugh a little. We'd love to connect with you on Facebook!