At Centenary University, we keep a close eye on the job market. As a result, our newest academic programs provide students with the skills needed to succeed in today’s fastest growing careers.
Level up your Career
Certified Financial Planners® know the ins and outs of investing, saving, and money management. 83% of CFP® professionals say they have a competitive edge over other financial advisors and 90% of CFP® professionals believe certification gives them more credibility in the eyes of their clients.
- CFP Board Certified: The seven course sequence is registered under the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) Board of Standards and taught by credentialed faculty. The CFP Board Certification is considered the gold standard in the financial planning field
- Convenient: All 7 courses are offered 100% online in 8-week sessions, creating a flexible and accelerated pathway to completing the education requirement to sit for the CFP exam.
- Career Advancement: 83% of CFP® professionals say they have a competitive edge over other financial advisors and 90% of CFP® professionals believe certification gives them more credibility in the eyes of their clients.
Centenary University is proud to support the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) General Education Mobile (GEM) program. Our approved courses allow you to fulfill the 15 semester hours of general education requirements for the CCAF Associate in Applied Science (AAS). Get the foundational knowledge you need in these disciplines: oral communication, written communication, mathematics, social science, and humanities.
Through Centenary University’s participation in the CCAF GEM program, air and space professionals have access to courses through our innovative virtual classrooms. Learn online from anywhere, on your own time. Centenary will work with you individually to make sure you are getting the most from your education. Our online courses are scheduled in eight-week terms, and the cost per course is $900.
A B.S. in Exercise Science at Centenary University provides students with an in-depth knowledge of physiology, exercise and human performance in the advancement of wellness education and healthy lifestyles.
The B.S. in Exercise Science degree also provides students with the skills and experiential learning to take a certification exam and begin a career in health and wellness, fitness and training. Students graduating from the exercise science program are eligible to apply for certification as a fitness trainer (personal trainer), performance enhancement specialist, strength and conditioning coach, and exercise physiologist. The proposed course sequence is specifically designed to serve as the foundational degree to meet the application requirements for multiple advanced degrees, including Master of Athletic Training program and Doctor of Physical Therapy program. Students in this program will complete a training course and receive a First Aid and CPR/AED certification.
B.S. in Health Sciences at Centenary University provides students with an interdisciplinary exposure to a wide variety of careers in the healthcare industry.
Individuals who complete a B.S. in health science can work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, research laboratories, public health organizations, rehabilitation facilities and government agencies. Job opportunities for graduates in health science would include non-clinical roles with direct patient interaction, such as a health journalist, community health educator or pharmaceutical sales representative. A few possible career pathways would include:
- Clinical health: occupational therapist, physical therapist, physician assistant, or dental hygienist
- Healthcare administration: Medical and health services manager, medical records technician, or health informatics specialist
- Public sector: Epidemiologist, public health officer, or health education trainer