Schedule of Events
- Commencement Rehearsal (mandatory for all graduates) on Tuesday, May 5
- Alumni Welcome Reception immediately following the Commencement Rehearsal
- Hooding Ceremony for graduate students on Wednesday, May 6
- The President’s Ball on Thursday, May 7
- Baccalaureate service on Saturday, May 9 at 9:00am, prior to Commencement
For information on the Hooding Ceremony, please contact the Graduate office at 908-852-1400, ext. 2073, or Sherri.Weiss01@centenaryuniversity.edu
For information on other events during Commencement week, please contact the Student Life office at 908.852.1400, ext. 4291, or Studentlife@Centenaryuniversity.edu.
Centenary University’s 145th Commencement
Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 11:00am
Commencement is held rain or shine. This year all graduates and their families will be covered under tents. Tents will open at 10:00am Graduates will receive up to four tickets ahead of the ceremony. Tickets will be required for access to the tent.
Parking will be available in multiple locations, but obviously the earlier you arrive, the easier it will be to park. The Commencement ceremony will take place under a large tent on Anderson Field, directly behind Anderson Hall. Parking will be available at:
- The David and Carol Lackland Center parking lot, accessed from 3rd Avenue
- The Hatchery Hill school, accessed from 5th Avenue
- The side streets around the University (please heed all local signage and regulations)
- Disability-related parking is in the Faculty/Staff parking lot, accessed from Plane St. At this time all requests for disability seating are closed.
We will have shuttle vans going from the Hatchery Hill school parking lot back and forth to Anderson Field, and the vans will also stop at the University’s front gates on Jefferson Street, to pick up and discharge passengers. The vans will run from 8:00am – 11:30am, then stop during the ceremony, and run again from 1:00pm – 2:30pm
Saturday, May 9, 2020, 9:00–10:00am
David and Carol Lackland Center, Sitnik Theatre
All graduates should arrive at the theater no later than 8:45am. Students are not expected to come robed. Graduate robing will begin immediately following the service on the front lawn of the Seay Building. Graduates must arrive at the robing location by 10:00am.