Are you an aspiring writer?
Centenary University is here to help!
Apply at Centenary University for your bachelor’s degree in Writing (you’ll receive your admissions decision letter promptly). Once admitted, submit your (approximately) 650-word prose to be considered for the Centenary Writing and Innovation Scholarship in the amount of $500! Since our Writing Major focuses on Creative, Professional, and Journalistic writing, all types of prose, fact or fiction, are welcome.
How do you think technology like Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Virtual Reality (VR) will change how writers write in the future?
- This scholarship award is open to submissions by any high school seniors admitted and attending Centenary University as college Freshmen, and transfer students admitted and attending Centenary University for Fall 2024, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Writing.
- This scholarship is in addition to the merit-based scholarships you already receive when you are admitted to Centenary University.
- Entries must be received by 5 pm on January 30, 2024.
- Participants will be notified of the one scholarship winner by March 2024.
- The award will be made after September 4, 2024, and will be issued as a credit towards Centenary University tuition within the winner’s account.
- When you are a writer, building recognition is important. The scholarship award winner should expect to be featured in press releases; interviewed for radio, print or video; and promoted via social media.
- 650 words is a guideline – it can be less, or slightly more.
- All rights to the prose remain the copyright of the author.
- All entries must be original works by the entrant, in English. Use of occasional words or idioms in other languages are acceptable.
- An entry may not have been previously published in professional media or have received any awards.
- Scholarship decision will be exclusively decided by a member of the Centenary University writing faculty. The top entries will be reviewed by professional authors and judged based on theme, artistic vision, personal voice, and technical skill. The decisions of the judges are entirely their own and are final and binding.
- Each submission will be read and scored by at least two reviewers.
- Author’s names will be excluded to facilitate fair, anonymous judging.
- One submission per person. Authors should limit themselves to their single best piece for submission.
- All submissions are final. No revisions are accepted.
- Entries must be submitted electronically using the form below.
- Through your submission, you are agreeing to all the rules of this scholarship competition.
This scholarship has been generously underwritten by kind donors.