RN to BSN Nursing – Now Enrolling for Fall 2023
Centenary University delivers a new comprehensive learning experience for registered nurses. This Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion program will prepare students for leadership roles to advance their careers.
Nurses are at the forefront of healthcare and integral to patient outcomes. The pandemic has further highlighted the impact of nurses on the health and well-being of the region, nation, and across the globe. While there are numerous avenues to enter the nursing profession, research demonstrates distinct benefits to obtaining a bachelor’s degree with patient outcomes improved and mortality rates and missed care opportunities reduced (AACN, 2019).
The RN-BSN Program at Centenary University will allow you to take the next step in your career journey. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program builds on your previous nursing coursework with an in-depth exploration of nursing research and evidence-based practice, public health, health care policy, health equity, and nursing leadership and management principles. This will expand your knowledge related to cultural, political, economic, and social issues that influence the delivery of care. New Jersey is the 9th highest-paid state for RN salaries with a median hourly rate of $34.10 to $56.73; this rate is dependent on factors such as education (NJSNA, 2022). Education makes a difference in nursing practice and the RN-BSN program at Centenary University will expand your career opportunities and create a pathway to advanced study.
The RN-BSN program at Centenary University is a 30-credit degree program offered online with a mix of synchronous and asynchronous class sessions that considers the demands of work and/or family life. You will earn credit for your unencumbered nursing license as well as previous coursework (previous coursework reviewed on an individual basis).
Mission of the RN-BSN Program
In keeping with the mission of Centenary University, the BSN Program is dedicated to preparing professional nurses to assume leadership positions and improve health and wellness within the Heart of the Skylands Region and globally. A nursing education from Centenary University provides a supportive environment that cultivates a commitment to personal and professional growth.
Purpose of the RN-BSN Program
The purpose of the BSN Program at Centenary University is to prepare baccalaureate degree nurses committed to the health and well-being of the communities they serve. It fosters a commitment to personal and professional development and foundation for future graduate studies in nursing. It prepares professional nurses to practice within the rights and privileges of the Professional Code of Ethics for Nurses and State Practice Acts.
RN-BSN Program Outcomes
Upon completion of the BSN program at Centenary University, the graduate will be able to:
- Synthesize knowledge from the liberal arts, natural and social sciences, and nursing theory to guide nursing practice.
- Apply the nursing process to foster optimal health among individuals, families, groups, and communities utilizing healthcare technology as appropriate.
- Use effective communication to collaborate with members of the healthcare team to promote safe, quality outcomes for individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Utilize evidence-based research to improve and refine nursing practice.
- Exercise culturally competent care to diverse individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Cultivate a professional identity that reflects the ethics and values of the nursing profession.
- Demonstrate professional accountability through a commitment to personal and professional growth.
Dr. Seaman was recently featured on WRNJ Radio.