RN to BSN Nursing – Coming in Fall 2023
Centenary delivers a new comprehensive learning experience for registered nurses and the BSN completion program will prepare students for leadership roles to advance their career.
In cooperation with Atlantic Health System hospitals, Centenary University has developed a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree to assist registered nurses to complete the requirements for a baccalaureate degree. Nurses accepted into our RN to BSN program will complete 10 nursing-specific courses, which will expand their knowledge base, critical thinking skills and leadership capabilities.
The healthcare industry is continuing to grow and the demand for nurses is projected to increase 7% over the next decade according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. In addition to increased demand, nurses with baccalaureate degrees are being sought to step into leadership and educational roles. Centenary’s RN to BSN completion degree is the first step toward the advancement of your career.
The BSN degree provides foundational knowledge and fosters compassion in order to cultivate highly-sought professionals. Upon completion of the BSN program at Centenary University, the graduate will be able to:
- Provide nursing care with professional knowledge, skills and values.
- Demonstrate appropriate clinical decision-making with effective critical reasoning.
- Communicate effectively in professional relationships
- Apply evidence-based practice to facilitate continuous quality improvement.
- Advocate for improved patient outcomes to benefit the patient and their families.
- Apply policy, finance and regulation principles in a leadership role.