Jump to Programs


What are the Graduate admission requirements?

Please check the specific program of choice to confirm the requirements. A general idea is:

  • A completed Application for Admission Bachelor’s degree including official transcripts from all the colleges/universities previously attended.
  • Undergraduate GPA that meets the requirements of program of choice
  • Personal Statement (program dependent)
  • References (program dependent)

What if my Undergraduate GPA is lower than the required GPA?

Centenary will still consider you for Graduate admission. We encourage you to apply and will consider each applicant on an individual case by case basis.

Are graduate courses offered at night?

Yes. Because of the highly demanding schedule that adult students have our Masters programs are offered during evening hours.

How can I finish as soon as possible?

Centenary has developed accelerated and online programs that will enable you to complete your Master’s degree in a shorter period of time. Classes begin every eight weeks so you are always just in time to start your degree.

Are summer courses offered?

Yes, several courses are offered in the summer.

Is financial aid available for Graduate Studies students?

In most cases, student loans are available. To begin, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to determine your loan eligibility. Even in instances where Federal Aid is not available, our counselors may be able to direct you to private options. You can contact the Office of Financial Aid for help at 908-852-1400 ext. 2350 or visit the Financial Aid Website

How many credits are required for financial aid?

You must have at least 6 credits each term. This also pertains to the summer sessions. Summer sessions one and two are combined and considered a term. This means that you may take 3 credits in the first session and 3 in the second and still receive financial aid.

What is the maximum number of credits I can take each semester?

You are allowed a maximum number of 12 credits per semester. This is due to the fact that courses are only in the evenings Monday through Thursday.

What do I need to do to become a NJ certified teacher and I already have an undergraduate degree?

Please call Stefanie Taggart at (toll free) 877-236-4723 ext. 2368 to discuss your options to become a certified teacher.

Skip to content