How to Add Authorized Users
There are 2 ways that other people can be permitted access to your student account.
You may provide others with the ability to view your account as a ‘Proxy User’ or you may authorize others to make payments on your account as an ‘Authorized user’.
To Add an Authorized User to make Payments to your Account
- Students must authorize access to their Student Account in the Touchnet portal.
This can be done by using the ‘Authorized Users’ link on the right side of the Touchnet Payment Center home screen.
- Existing authorized users will be listed on the main tab.
- Click to the ‘Add Authorized User’ tab to add new users.
Enter the email address of the new authorized user and answer the questions, then click the Continue Button.
- An agreement page will display. You should read this agreement and click the ‘I Agree’ checkbox. Use the green ‘Continue’ button to confirm. This will send a confirmation to the email you entered with instructions for your authorized user to access your account.
- Your authorized user should follow all instructions provided in the confirmation email to set up their account access.
- To login as an Authorized User, to to Authorized User Payment Center Login.
To Add a Proxy User to View your Account
- Log into Self Service http://selfservice.centenaryuniversity.edu.
- Click on the “Student Finance” box.
- On the top right next to your name, click the down arrow and select “View/Add Proxy”.
- On the next page, click the down arrow next to the words “Please Select”. A choice of “Add Another User” will appear. Click on “Add Another User”.
- The Person Proxy form will appear on the next screen. On the form, you must complete any items with a red star *.
- Once you have entered the Proxy’s information, you must select the access you wish to give the proxy to “Student Finance”.
If you check the “Select All” box, your Proxy will have access to view billing “Account Activity”
- Please read the “Disclosure Agreement” which explains your FERPA and that by checking the box “I authorize the institution to disclose my information to a third party” you are granting Centenary the right to release the information in the boxes checked to that third party.
- Next click the search button. The system will search to see if the Proxy you have added already has an account in the system. If the person does not have an account, one will be created. You will receive a message to that effect, then click the “Continue” button. If the person already has an existing account, that account will be set up as a Proxy. You will receive a message to that effect, then click the “Continue” button.
- A screen will appear showing the active proxy you have created. You can give access to your account to more than one proxy. Just follow go back to step 3.
- At any time you can edit proxy information or remove a proxy by clicking on the “pencil” icon on the “Active Proxies” page.
- Your proxy will receive two emails. One will contain the proxy’s user name and a link to log into the student billing system. The second email will contain the proxy’s password. When the proxy logs in for the first, they will be required to change their password.
- For questions regarding billing activity or assistance in making an online payment, the proxy can contact the Student Billing Office at 908-852-1400 ext. 2245.