Fall 2020 Move In and Drop Off
Move In Date – This is when you would start staying in the Residence Halls
New Students and New Transfers: Saturday, August 29th – New students will be given a check-in time to assist in social distancing.
There will be disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers will be available throughout the building and all residents are allowed to have two guests with them when they check-in.
Early Drop Off – This is just dropping off your items.
This year, we are asking residents to participate in an early drop off program. The intention of early drop off is to give residents the opportunity to move all of their items in with the assistance of family in a socially distanced fashion and to de-densify the residence halls during move in day.
Adding an early drop off period is a best practice being used by similar higher education institutions within the state. We hope that residents will take advantage of the early move-in period as an option to social distance and keep everyone safe while creating a safer move-in day.
Dates for Early Drop Off – Tuesday, August 18th – Friday, August 28th.
Weekdays: Two time slots: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm, 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 am – Noon, 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Information for Early Drop Off:
- Find the early sign-up site.
- Select your Hall, Date, and Time
- Enter your information at the bottom and click Book. You will get a confirmation e-mail with your day and time.
- When you come on your selected day and time, you will check in with a staff member before you enter the residence hall.
When you arrive for Early Drop off:
- Everyone must be wearing a face covering unless you and your immediate family are in your residence hall room. You may bring three guests to help you drop off items.
- Roommates cannot arrive at the same time. Roommates / Apartment mates should try to pick nonconsecutive dates.
- Residential Life staff will open your residence hall room at the start of the two hour session for you and lock it behind you when you leave at the end of the two hours.
- Returning students are asked to bring their Centenary University ID if they come to early drop off. Residence Life will code your card and return it to you when you check in.
- Facilities staff will clean high touch areas between the shifts.
- As you drop off items, try to move everything in and then set-up. This will keep your interactions down along with your time in public spaces. For the Apartments, we ask that families occupy the elevators, one family at a time.
- We ask that you arrive at the start of your early drop off shift and be mindful of the end of your shift. Not leaving on time will cause a delay for those following you.
- You will receive a copy of this e-mail again on the day that you are going to be dropping off items.
- Residence Life staff will walk through the buildings during the time periods if you have any questions.
- Disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers will be available throughout the building.
Although we pride ourselves on being a very open and welcoming campus, while we are in stage 2 we have implemented the following visitation restrictions:
Campus wide visitation:
- All visitors to campus must have an appointment prior to arriving on campus.
- All visitors must first report to the Welcome Center on the first floor of the Seay Building (masks required to enter the building).
- Effective 8/31/2020: Welcome Center hours are Monday – Thursday from 8:30 am – 6:00 pm and on Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Closed on weekends.
- Visitors will be required to check in and complete the COVID-19 screening questions.
- Visitors will receive a Clearance Slip indicating they have been cleared and directed to where they are going.
Visitation in the residence halls:
- No guests will be permitted in residence halls at this time with the exception of emergency personnel or those approved by Residence Life.
- All deliveries must be received outside the building
- Residential students may only have one additional guest in their room, and that guest must be from the same building. Students that reside in the apartments will be limited to no more than two additional people beyond assigned residents in their apartment.