Living on Campus at Centenary University can be one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences for a college student.
The Office of Residence Life works at engaging students outside the classroom and making the learning experience a more well-rounded one. Our goal is to foster the student’s development and encourage them to become lifelong learners. Our Residence Life staff will foster the personal, social, and intellectual growth of the students so they can be responsible citizens in our residential community.
Several Advantages to Living on Campus
- Students get the opportunity to live on their own and learn to be accountable for themselves.
- You will interact with a diverse group of peers that will expand your worldview and strengthen your global understanding.
- Meet several classmates/peers and interact with them outside the classroom in a more relaxed environment.
- Convenient access to many resources (academic buildings, library, athletic facilities, dining hall) without needing to travel far.
- Technology in all rooms: free cable in your room, and wireless internet anywhere on campus.
- Live-in professional staff and student staff that are available to assist you 24/7
The Residence Halls are locked 24/7 all year. Upon moving onto Campus each student will receive a photo ID card that will give them access to their individual bedroom. There is a Campus Security officer on campus 24/7 that does rounds of the campus to ensure they remain locked at all times.
Where to Go for Help
Unsure of who to speak to about a question you may have or a concern? No matter the question there are people available 24/7 and ready to assist you. A Resident Assistant (RA) is located on each floor and has gone through extensive training to help students work through problems they may encounter. Resident Directors (RD) are also available in certain Residence Halls but can be reached by stopping by the Campus Life office.
The Office of Residence Life is located in the Seay Building, main floor next to Multicultural Center, Vibe, and the SAC.
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm, Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (when the University is open)
Phone: 908-852-1400 x 3950