Welcome Center and Mail Policies
Resident students are assigned a mailbox here on campus for letter mail. You will be given a mailbox key, either through the Residence Life team or at the Welcome Center office. You may also have packages and boxes shipped directly to campus. The following is some important information regarding having mail and/or packages or boxes sent to Centenary while you are living on campus.
- Please use the following address format for having any mail or packages sent here:Name: Your First and Last Name
Address Line 1: 400 Jefferson St.
Address Line 2: Mailbox# ____________
City, State, Zip:Hackettstown, NJ 07840
- Please use your name as it is shown on your Centenary University ID, no nicknames please. This helps us to accurately sort letter mail, which goes into your campus mailbox, as well as to send email notifications for packages and boxes. Be sure to put your mailbox number on all incoming mail, packages, and boxes.
- Please specify “mailbox” or “campus box” number with your mailbox number. If your address says “P.O. box” your mail may be sent to the US Post Office mailboxes and not Centenary. You may use Apt./Suite # for your mailbox number. We’ll know what you mean. Try to avoid using your dorm information on incoming mail or other items. It is not necessary for shipping to the University and may in fact interfere with your shipment.
- It is best to write your mailbox number on a separate line (address Line 2) whenever possible, or include the number after your name. Please avoid putting the mailbox number before the street address or after the zip code as the extra numbers can confuse machines used by the Post Office and other shipping companies when sorting your mail or packages/boxes.
Shipping and Receiving Tips:
- Please avoid having huge or extremely heavy items sent to Centenary, such as car parts or refrigerators. The Welcome Center is not equipped to handle them. Residence Life has information regarding refrigerator rentals.
- If you receive a package or box, we will send an email to your Centenary University email so please check your email for a package notification. These are sent after all packages/boxes have arrived and been processed. Packages and boxes cannot be distributed before the notification email is sent.
- Only 2 people will be permitted inside the Welcome Center waiting area. Please wait outside if there are already two people inside, in addition to the staff person(s). Masks will be required inside all buildings. Every effort to maintain social distancing will be made.
- Student ID are required to pick up a package/box, and you will be expected to sign for your item(s). Please keep track of how many emails you receive and the date you received the Welcome Center/Mailroom email; this information will assist the staff in retrieving your package or box quickly.
- No one else may pick up or sign for your package/box without prior, emailed consent naming the person who will pick up the item. They will also be asked to show a photo ID (student or state).
- As the Welcome Center is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, weekend packages/boxes and mail will be delivered and/or processed on Monday. The same applies to holiday closures: package/boxes will be processed the next business day.
- New this year! Amazon Locker Eddy! The Amazon locker is located in the lower level of Seay building, between Starbucks and the Sunken Lounge. This locker is completely separate from the Welcome Center, so you will need to choose Amazon Locker during checkout from Amazon. The lockers will be accessible for picking up packages from 6am until 11pm, Monday through Friday, and 8 am until 4 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The option for and availability of the locker is maintained by Amazon. You will need to add the Amazon locker to your account before selecting the locker as the shipping address (see images below). Please contact Amazon for assistance, or the Welcome Center and we will do our best to help.
Search by zip code 07840 to find Amazon Hub Locker – Eddy, at Centenary University. During your checkout, you can then select this locker as the shipping address if possible (per Amazon size and availability limits).
- You are required to have your key to check your mailbox. The Welcome Center staff is not able to check your mailbox for you.
- Very small international packages that do not have US tracking will be put directly into the mailboxes. Be sure to check your mailbox often.
- If you lose your key, there is a $10 replacement fee, payable to the Student Accounts office in Seay Administration building. After paying the fee, please bring your receipt to the Welcome Center to obtain a new key. Please note that we have a limited number of keys per mailbox; if we do not have another key for your same mailbox, you will be reassigned. We will assist you in removing items from your previous mailbox. You will be responsible for updating your mailing address regarding the new mailbox number.
- At this time, only resident students are permitted to have campus mailboxes. The Post Office and the local UPS store rent mailboxes if you cannot have mail sent to your off-campus address.
- Mailbox keys will be collected during check-out at the end of each spring semester, or if you move off campus. Incoming mail from off-campus senders may be forwarded during the summer only. It is not necessary to return your key for winter break, but we can hold your it for you.
- Visit the Welcome Center to send a letter or small package (up to 1 pound). We can only accept cash. We are unable to send packages internationally. The Hackettstown Post Office is located a few blocks from campus and can assist with larger packages/boxes, international packages, and any purchase that you need to make using a credit or debit card. Contact the Welcome Center for more information.
If you have any questions, please call or email us. We are happy to help. Contact us at (908) 852-1400 ext. 2316 or Welcome-Center@centenaryuniversity.edu. Email notifications are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org, so please reply to that email if you have questions regarding a package/box notification, or need to have someone else pick up your item(s). The Welcome Center is located in Seay 101, next to the President’s Office, near the front doors of Seay. Welcome Center Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am-6 pm, and Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. We are closed on university holidays and whenever all offices are closed (i.e. snow day/delay).