Did you know?
- Centenary awarded over $18 million in scholarships and grants last year.
- 93% of our incoming Fall 2018 transfer students received Centenary grants and/or scholarships.
Transfer Admission Scholarships and Awards
Your admission counselor will determine the amount of your admission scholarship or award during the admission process using your cumulative college GPA. These scholarships and awards are renewable as long as you maintain continuous full-time enrollment and meet the minimum standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Below are the academic awards available to our incoming Spring 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 admitted transfer students.
|Award||Cumulative College GPA||Annual Amount||Semester Amount|
|Faculty Scholarship||3.75 or above||$14,000||$7,000|
|Whitney Scholarship||3.50 – 3.74||$13,000||$6,500|
|Trustee Scholarship||3.00 – 3.49||$11,500||$5,750|
|Achievement Award||2.75 – 2.99||$10,000||$5,000|
|Merit Award||2.5 – 2.74||$7,000||$3,500|
Additional Scholarships, Grants, and Loans
Once you have been admitted, the Financial Aid Office will award any federal, state, and Centenary grants based on your FAFSA. You should complete your FAFSA at the same time as you apply for admission. If you have already completed your FAFSA, you can add Centenary’s school code of 002599 by making a correction online at fafsa.gov. Remember to complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA for Spring 2020 aid and to complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA for Fall 2020/Spring 2021 aid.
For more information about applying for aid, check out our Applying for Aid page.
For more information about these and other types of financial aid, visit our Types of Aid page.
Specialty Admission Opportunities
These scholarships and awards are renewable as long as you maintain continuous full-time enrollment and meet the minimum standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Alumni Award: Available to children or grandchildren of Centenary alumni.
- Centenary Educational Opportunity Program (EOP): Available to students who are accepted into the Educational Opportunity Program.
- Centenary NJ STARS II Scholarship: Up to $2,500 may be matched to the NJ STARS II scholarship for eligible NJ STARS II students.
- Family Plan: Available when more than one family member is enrolled.
- Path to Transfer CCM Scholarship: Students are eligible for a $3000/year scholarship as part of the CCM Path to Transfer program. Students will be considered for this award in additional to all other Centenary awards that they meet the eligibility for.
- Path to Transfer RVCC Scholarship: The scholarship will adjust each year so that the student’s net tuition (not tuition and fees) cost is equal to $15,000 per year as part of the RVCC Path to Transfer program. Students are eligible for no other Centenary funds other than the Recognition Award in addition to this award.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships: Up to $2,500 may be awarded to new traditional full-time transfer students who are active members of PTK.
- RVCC University Center Scholarship: The scholarship will adjust each year so that the student’s net tuition (not tuition and fees) cost is equal to $15,000 per year as part of the RVCC University Center program. Students are eligible for no other Centenary funding.
- Recognition Award: Up to $1,500 may be awarded to new traditional full-time transfer students who have earned an associate’s degree.
- Veteran’s Benefits or Discounts: For more information on veteran’s benefits or discounts, visit our Veteran’s Services page.