Outside scholarships are scholarships that are not awarded through Centenary University. These types of scholarships are a great way to pay for school without increasing debt.
We encourage you to seek outside scholarships. To assist students with this task we have provided these online resources. The databases listed here can help you find scholarships based on your ethnicity, academic profile, interests, and other qualities. Scholarship amounts will vary from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Even the smallest scholarship can help you to borrow less and ease the burden of monthly loan payments when you graduate.
Before you begin your search, we recommend that you review information from the U.S. Dept. of Education (link is external) and the Federal Trade Commission (link is external) on avoiding financial aid scams.
- Career One Stop
- College Board Scholarship Search
- General Board of Higher Education and Ministry: United Methodist Church
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Search
- Sallie Mae Graduate Scholarship Search
- Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
- United Methodist Higher Education Foundation