Centenary University Alert

Centenary University Alert: Please visit the Centenary University COVID-19 area of the website to learn the latest updates.

Centenary University offers students as much financial assistance as possible. Financial Aid can come in many forms, including scholarships & grants, work study, and student loans. Financial Aid award packages offered by Centenary University may consist of a combination of awards from these types of aid programs.

General Rules Covering All Financial Aid

  • All financial aid combined may not exceed your Cost of Attendance.
  • You must be matriculated in a degree program at Centenary University in order to receive any financial aid other than Alternative Loans. (Note that some certificate program students also qualify).  Matriculated means that you are admitted to and enrolled in a degree or applicable certificate program.
  • Generally, students must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits per semester) to qualify for aid. Exceptions are the Federal Pell Grant.

To review basic eligibility criteria for Centenary University, Federal and New Jersey aid programs please visit the General Eligibility section of our Financial Aid Handbook.

Scholarships & Grants

Scholarships and grants are considered gift aid. Always accept scholarships and grants offered to you first. These types of aid are the best kinds because they do not need to be paid back. Scholarships and grants are offered by Centenary University, the federal government, New Jersey and private organizations. University-sponsored scholarships and grants are awarded to students on the basis of academic merit, service to the community, talent, special activities, and financial need. Check out our Scholarships and Grants webpage for detailed information on scholarships and grants.

Work Study

Work study is a subsidized work program and funding can come from the federal government or Centenary for students who meet the general eligibility criteria and exhibit financial need on their FAFSA. This type of financial aid is a work program where funds can be earned if a student obtains an authorized job either on or off-campus. Check out our Student Employment page for detailed information on work study.

Federal Student Loans

Student loans offered by the federal government allow students to borrow additional funds to finance their education. These are some of the best loans available to help students pay for school because of their lower interest rates and flexible repayment terms. Check out our Loans page for detailed information on federal student loans.

Alternative Financing

If you still need additional funding to help pay for your education, there are additional options you can take advantage of such as Centenary University's tuition payment plans or a private student loan. Keep in mind that private loans should be a last resort once you have exhausted your federal, institutional or state aid resources. Check out our Private Loan page detailed information on alternative loans.