Jump to Programs

Applying for aid is as easy as 1… 2…

  1. Apply for admission
  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov.

Approximately $15 million in Centenary scholarships, grants and awards were awarded to our traditional undergraduate students this past year. There are no special applications to be considered for merit aid and qualified students are notified of their award in their letter of acceptance.
Prospective Students

New students to Centenary should apply for aid at the same time as they apply for admission. Your financial aid application will in no way jeopardize your chances of admission. Complete your FAFSA while you are applying for admission to make the financial aid process quicker. Also, be sure to put your social security number on your admission application so that we can match it to your FAFSA.

Current Students

Current students should complete their FAFSA and submit any additional information each year no later than April 1st. If you complete your financial aid after April 1st, we will award you on a funds available basis.

New Jersey Residents

New Jersey residents may be eligible for grants and scholarships from the New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA). Your FAFSA will automatically be submitted to HESAA, but HESAA may require additional information to determine if you are eligible. Log on to https://njfams.hesaa.org and click on the To Do list to check your eligibility. The deadlines for state aid are different than for Centenary, so be sure to check with HESAA for deadlines.


You will automatically be awarded any Federal Subsidized or Unsubsidized loan that you are eligible for based on your FAFSA. You will need to complete your Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) in order to complete your federal loan eligibility. Log on to www.studentloans.gov with your FSA ID to complete your MPN and Entrance Counseling.

Parents can apply for a Parent PLUS loan online at www.studentloans.gov. Parents should log in with their FSA ID, not the student’s FSA ID.

Parent or students can apply for private loans. Most students will need a co-signer for these credit based loans. Check out our Private Loan page for more information on these types of loans.

Skip to content