Saturday, April 22, 2017 10am – 3pm
Centenary University and the Hackettstown Community are organizing the 10th Annual free, public Earth Day Celebration! Our itinerary is an ever-changing work-in-progress. More details, additions, and changes are forthcoming.
If you are a business owner, a local member of the community, or a member of the Centenary University campus and wish to get involved, please contact Dr. Krassi Lazarova at (908) 852-1400 ext. 2252 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All Day Events Schedule
All events are free and open to the public!
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
ON THE FRONT LAWN: Crafts, arts, music, bounce house, animals for petting, the popular Environmental Passport for kids, electronic recycling by Abilites of Warren County and fun in the sun activities.
- Bird watching and nature walk starts at the Charles O. Hayford Hatchery directly behind the campus. RSVP to Krassi Lazarova at 908-852-1400 ext. 2252
- This year bird watching will be lead by Ornithologist Dr. Terry Master, Professor of Biology at East Stroudsburg University. He received his Ph.D. in Biology from Lehigh University. His research interests include Avian Ecology and Behavior, and he directs the Avian Ecology and Behavior Lab at East Stroudsburg University. In addition to studying birds, he has a lifelong passion for bird watching and bird photography.
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
OUTSIDE Crafts, music, bounce house, miniature horses for petting (1p-3p), the popular Environmental Passport for kids, electronic recycling by Abilites of Warren County and fun in the sun activities.
Schedule subject to change, please check back for updates and additions.
(10 AM to 2 PM, 400 JEFFERSON STREET, HACKETTSTOWN)
ITEMS ACCEPTED FREE OF CHARGE:
- COMPUTERS & COMPUTER ACCESSORIES
- (Towers, Servers, Laptops, Mouse, Keyboards, Speakers, Misc. Wires & Cords, Etc.)
- AUDIO VISUAL COMPONENTS
- SMALL OFFICE EQUIPMENT
- TELEPHONES & CELL PHONES
- SMALL KITCHEN & HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES
ITEMS ACCEPTED WITH A FEE:
- CRT & FLAT SCREEN MONITORS—$25
- TELEVISIONS UP TO 32” — $25 (LARGE TV’S OVER 32” AND/OR 50 LBS NOT ACCEPTED)
- CERTIFIED DATA DESTRUCTION— $20
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
- FREON ITEMS
- (Refrigerators, Freezers, AC Units, Dehumidifiers, Etc.)
- COPY MACHINES
- ANY ELECTRONICS OVER 50 LBS
Main Stage Schedule
DJ Music & Entertainment
Student DJ Vinny Pic
Vendor and Sponsor Information
If you are interested in being a vendor at our celebration please submit the appropriate form.
The Wienie Wagon
We are looking for volunteers to help out with our Earth Day event on the front lawn in several ways. If you are interested, please see below and respond to the contact.
Faculty/Staff and Student Volunteers:
We need volunteers to help with set-up, the information booth, and break down at the end of the event. We would prefer 2 hour blocks of volunteering, and the times are as follows:
- Set-up, front lawn: 8 am – 10 am (need 6 people)
- Information booth, front lawn: 10 am – 3 pm (need 2 people at all times)
- Break down, front lawn: 2 pm – 4 pm (need 4 people)
If you are interested in helping with one of these shifts, please contact Dr. Krassi Lazarova (email@example.com).