Did you know?
- Centenary awarded over $18 million in scholarships and grants last year.
- 100% of our incoming Fall 2022 freshmen received Centenary grants and/or scholarships.
Admission Scholarships and Awards
Your admission counselor will determine the amount of your admission scholarship or award during the admission process using your cumulative high school GPA. These scholarships and awards are renewable as long as you maintain continuous full-time enrollment and meet the minimum standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Below are the academic awards available to our incoming Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 admitted freshmen.
|Award||Cumulative High School GPA||Amount|
|Founders Scholarship||4.00 or above||$25,000|
|Faculty Scholarship||3.50 – 3.99||$22,500|
|George Whitney Scholarship||3.00 – 3.49||$20,000|
|Trustee Scholarship||2.50 – 2.99||$15,000|
|Achievement Award||below 2.50||$11,000|
Additional Scholarships, Grants, and Loans
Once you have been admitted, the Financial Aid Office will award any federal, state, and Centenary grants based on your FAFSA. You should complete your FAFSA when you are applying for admission. If you have already completed your FAFSA, you can add Centenary’s school code of 002599 by making correction online at www.fafsa.gov.
For more information about applying for aid, check out our Applying for Aid page.
For more information about these and other types of financial aid, visit our Types of Aid page.
Centenary University Specialty Award Opportunities
These scholarships and awards are renewable as long as you maintain continuous full-time enrollment and meet the minimum standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Alumni Award: Available to children or grandchildren of Centenary alumni.
- Family Plan: Available when more than one family member is enrolled.
- Hackettstown Partnership Scholarship: One student, who will be graduating from Hackettstown High School in the current school year, may be selected each year for the scholarship which covers up to full tuition (less any federal or state grants). Students will apply through their Hackettstown High School counselor. The Scholarship recipient will be selected in March. This scholarship may replace any admission scholarship that the student is awarded through the admission process.
- Veteran’s Benefits or Discounts: For more information on veteran’s benefits or discounts, visit our Veteran’s Services page.