Did you know?
- Centenary awarded over $18 million in scholarships and grants last year.
- All of our incoming Fall 2018 freshman received Centenary grants and/or scholarships.
Admission Scholarships and Awards
Your admission counselor will determine the amount of your admission scholarship or award during the admission process using your cumulative high school GPA. These scholarships and awards are renewable as long as you maintain continuous full time enrollment and meet the minimum standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Below are the academic awards available to our incoming Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 admitted freshman.
|Award||Cumulative High School GPA||Amount|
|Founders Scholarship||3.8 or above||$25,000|
|Faculty Scholarship||3.3 – 3.79||$20,000|
|George Whitney Scholarship||2.8 – 3.29||$15,000|
|Achievement Award||2.4 – 2.79||$13,000|
|Recognition Award||Below 2.4||$11,500|
Additional Scholarships, Grants, and Loans
Once you have been admitted, the Financial Aid Office will award any federal, state, and Centenary grants based on your FAFSA. You should complete your FAFSA when you are applying for admission. If you have already completed your FAFSA, you can add Centenary’s school code of 002599 by making correction online at www.fafsa.gov.
For more information about applying for aid, check out our Applying for Aid page.
For more information about these and other types of financial aid, visit our Types of Aid page.
Specialty Admission Opportunities
- Hackettstown Partnership Scholarship – One student who will be graduating from Hackettstown High School in the current school year may be selected each year for the scholarship which covers up to full tuition (less any federal or state grants). Students will apply through Hackettstown High School students should contact their counselor to apply. The Scholarship recipient will be selected in March. This scholarship may replace any admission scholarship that the student is awarded through the admission process.
- Centenary Educational Opportunity Program – Students must meet EOP criteria and the award may cover up to all remaining charges after other grants and scholarships have been applied.
- Veteran’s Benefits or Discounts: For more information on veteran’s benefits or discounts, visit our Veteran’s Services page.