A student who plans to or does withdraw from classes must give notice to the Office of Student Services. When a student withdraws during a semester, or payment period, the amount of federal aid earned is determined by the Return of Title IV funds calculation. If the student received more financial aid than was earned, the excess funds will be returned to the federal government and the student will be responsible for the ensuing bill.
In addition, the student may not make academic progress and may jeopardize his or her academic standing at Centenary University as well as eligibility for future financial aid.
For example, if you withdraw from all of your classes in a traditional undergraduate program 4 weeks after the semester has started, you will receive no refund of your tuition according to the Institutional Refund Policy. In addition, you will have completed 4 of the 15 weeks of the semester which is about 26%. As a result, you will be eligible to retain about 26% of your federal financial aid and the remaining 74% of your federal aid may be returned to the federal government.
If you are having difficulty with one or more of your courses, Centenary University offers a number of resources to help you succeed academically and we expect that you will fully utilize them. These resources include:
Academic Success Center
The Academic Success Center, located in the Harris and Betts Smith Learning Center, is the primary source of academic support programs on campus. The Academic Success Center looks to assist all students in achieving their fullest academic potential through the personalized attention each student receives. Every student is recognized as an individual. All of the services provided by the Academic Success Center are free.
You can contact the Academic Success Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 908-852-1400, ext. 2353. Office hours and locations are on the Academic Success Center Website.
The mission of the Disability Services Office (DSO) is to provide a full range of reasonable accommodations and support services to students with disabilities in order to ensure compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990).
Based on nationally regarded best practices, The Disability Services Office seeks to foster independence and to develop the self-advocacy of students with disabilities. In addition, the office strives to serve as a liaison and resource to the members of the Centenary University community regarding disability issues.
You can contact the Disability Services Office at email@example.com or via phone at (908) 852-1400, ext. 2168. Hours of operation and other information are available at the Disability Services Office website.
College life is full of opportunities but it can also be a stressful time. Even the most self-reliant student might have difficulties negotiating academic, interpersonal and emotional concerns and would benefit from speaking with a professional.
The Counseling Center works directly with students in overcoming difficulties that may interfere with defining and accomplishing educational and personal goals. Staff is available for consultation to students, faculty, and staff who are concerned about the well-being of students. Appointments are free of charge and completely confidential.
You can contact the Counseling Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 908-852-1400, ext. 2125. Office hours and location are available on the Counseling Center website.