Did you know that you can get financial aid in addition to your benefits? There is more that Centenary University is doing to support you financially during your education.

The Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020 requires educational institutions to make certain disclosures to students using federal military and/or VA educational benefits. You can access a personalized data sheet by visiting the Net Price Calculator. Additional information can be found at the NCES College Navigator site.

Tuition Discounts

Centenary University offers up to a 30% tuition discount to honorably discharged veterans.  Please submit a copy of your DD214 to the Office of Veteran Services at Centenary University. If it is determined that you are eligible for the discount, the Office of Veteran Services will notify the University Bursar in the Office of Student Accounts.

VA Pending Payment Compliance

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection €, Centenary University adopts the following additional provisions for any student using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9-11 GI Bill® (Ch 33) or Veteran Readiness and Employment (Ch 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA.  This university will not:

  1. Prevent the covered individual’s enrollment;
  2. Assess a late penalty fee to a student;
  3. Require a covered individual to secure alternative or additional funding; or
  4. Deny a covered individual access to any resources (classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other tuition-paying students.

However, to qualify for this provision, such covered individuals may be required to:

  1. Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent) or for Chapter 31, VR&E’s contract with the institution on VA Form 22-1905 by the first day of class.

Military Tuition Assistance (TA) through Service Branches

Each service branch has its own Tuition Assistance application process, policies, procedures, and restrictions. To learn more, visit your local installation education center. The following links will provide some additional program and contact information.

Please note: Your service’s education center must approve your tuition assistance before you enroll in any course.  There are no exceptions.

Federal Grants

Many veterans miss out on getting the Pell Grant because they think that the grant will affect their other benefits. This is not true! If you are eligible, you can receive a Federal Pell Grant in addition to other benefits.

The application for the Federal Pell Grant is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which you can complete online at www.fafsa.gov.

State Grants

If you have been a New Jersey resident for at least 1 year, you could receive a Tuition Aid Grant (TAG) from the New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA).

The application for the Tuition Aid Grant is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which you can complete online at www.fafsa.gov. Be sure to answer the additional state aid questions at the end of the FAFSA.

Federal Student Loans

If you need, at any point in your education, to borrow to assist with your payments, the Financial Aid Office can walk you through the federal loan options that are available to you. Federal student loans are offered at low interest rates and repayment does not begin until you graduate or drop below half time. If you are called to duty, your loans can be deferred until you return.

The application for federal student loans is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which you can complete online at www.fafsa.gov.

More Information About Financial Aid

For more comprehensive information about Financial Aid, please visit Centenary’s Financial Aid section of the website.

Skip to content