As an educator, you know that learning never ends and we can help you take the next step in your education.
Centenary University offers a variety of graduate programs developed for educators of all ages and disciplines. Our degrees focus on leadership skills, special needs education and contemporary educational practices. We conveniently offer both online and traditional “in-person” courses to complete your degree. Our programs include:
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D) in Educational Leadership
- Master of Arts (MA) in Educational Leadership
- Master of Arts (MA) in Instructional Leadership
- Master of Arts (MA) in Special Education
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Education Practice (Online)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Reading with a N.J. Reading Specialist Certification
We also offer two, graduate certification programs, approved by the New Jersey Department of Education:
- Supervisor Licensure
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities
More than 50 Years
Centenary has been training teachers and school leaders in Northwest New Jersey for more than 50 years. Our faculty members remain at the cutting-edge of developing new, innovative ways to train tomorrow’s teachers and to help veteran teachers find new ways to reach their students.
Our programs have received full-accreditation status from the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC), a group dedicated to improving academic degree programs for professional educators.
Fitting Your Lifestyle
Traditional graduate degree courses are offered at our main campus in Hackettstown. However, we know that classwork can be difficult to fit into the busy schedule of a teacher or school administrator. That’s why we have collaborated with local districts to offer our several programs on school campuses so that we are able to bring your education to you. As a result of these Professional Development Schools (PDS) agreements:
- Teachers have easy access to classes at convenient times.
- School districts have a higher number of teachers earning advanced degrees and increasing their knowledge base.
- Centenary is able to continue our mission of offering student-based learning experiences and maintaining our standing as a beacon of education in Northern New Jersey.
A graduate degree is almost always necessary to advance your career as a teacher or school administer. Apply now.