We can provide you with all of the training you need for certification as a New Jersey School Counselor — a vital member of any school’s educational leadership team.
Graduate School Counseling Virtual Information Session
Want to know more about this program? Join us for a virtual information session on April 7, 2021 at 7PM.
Centenary University’s Master of Arts (M.A.) in School Counseling program is approved by the New Jersey Department of Education. You will learn how to perform school counseling services, including how to work with students to achieve academic, personal and career goals.
Our 48-credit program explores how to counsel with administrators, teachers and parents as well as how to develop relationships with community agencies in assisting children and families. The curriculum includes foundational courses in counseling theory and practice, and then dives deep into subjects critical to working in schools. Topics include human growth and development and working with individuals with disabilities.
Check out the School Counseling audit sheet for course listings.
By completing Centenary’s Master of Arts (M.A.) in School Counseling, you will:
- Develop a thorough understanding of and competence in the practice of individual and group counseling.
- Acquire an appreciation for the role of the counselor in society and an understanding of the ethical and legal responsibilities associated with that role.
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of human growth and development.
- Develop competency in understanding of psychological testing and evaluation.
- Acquire professional skills and practical experience in the provision of counseling services in a school setting.
School counselors make a difference every day in the lives of children and teens. Apply now.